HOW TO USE QUOTE2SALES MODULE FOR MAGENTO 2
When the quote2sales module is installed successfully, a new menu link is added to admin panel menu bar.
Creating a new custom quote for a customer
- Go to menu Quote2Sales -> Quotes & click on the link “Quotes”.
- Then the interface for adding a new quote is displayed.
- Click on the button “Create New Quote”
- Select a customer from the list.
- Or add a new customer to whom the custom quote should be sent.
- Add products to the quote by clicking the button “Add Products”.
- Simple Products can be added using the grid to select the items.
- The selected products can be added to the quote by clicking the button “Add selected products to Quote”.
- The admin can add custom prices for the product and update the items in the quote.
- It supports different kind of shipping options while creating the quote.
- Once the products are added, address information has been entered, shipping options are configured, the quotes can be submitted using the button “Submit Quote”.
- The created quote can be viewed and cancelled later.
- The quotes that are already submitted can be emailed several times to the customer.
Requesting a Quote -(Customer side/Frontend)
- For requesting a custom quote, the customer should be logged into the Magento 2 store. Click onto the Sign In link located at the top
- On clicking it, you will be redirected to the login page of the Magento 2 store.
- Login to your account providing access credentials. Once logged-in you will see your customer dashboard as shown below. There you can see the two links “My RFQs” and “My Quotes”.
- Click on “My RFQs”. Here we can see all the requests for quoted listed with their status as “Waiting” or “Converted to Quotes”.
- In case, you do not have any requests for quotes yet, you can see a button to add new request for a Quotation. Click on the button “Add a New Request”.
- You will get a form. Fill the form with your request and press submit.
- You can create the quote as a Guest user using the Request for Quote link in the footer link in frontend magento 2 store.
- The RFQ link in footer will take you to the request for quote form for a guest user. When you click on the submit button, an account is created and the user is logged in automatically.
- That is it. Your request will be sent to the store owner by notifying through an email with the request details.
Converting RFQ to Quote:(Admin Side)
- Login to Magento Admin Panel using your access credentials. Go to menu Quote2Sales -> Requests & click on the link “Requests”.
- You will see the list of the RFQs submitted by various customers. At the roght end of each row (of the list), you will see a link named “Convert to Quotes”. By clicking on this link, the quote request can be converted to quotes.
- On clicking “Convert to Quotes” link as above it displays the create quote screen with the all the user data pre-filled.
- Now you can create a quote as explained in section “Creating a New Quote”.
Custom Configuration for the module
- Login to Magento Admin Panel using your access credentials. Go to menu Quote2Sales -> Configurations & click on the link “Configurations”.
- This will display the configuration related to the Quote2Sales module.
- In the first section, “Request For Quote”, you can choose to enable or disable the “Request For Quote” footer link in the frontend magento 2 store.
- In the second section, “Email Options”, you can make the settings for the email options.
- You can enter the email id to which all the RFQ emails will be sent.
- You can also choose the email templates and the email sender for the RFQ and Quotes Email that is sent to the customer.